Drug and alcohol abuse is a serious workplace problem. Statistics from the DEA indicate that approximately 74% of adults who use illegal drugs are employed. The drug user is 5 times more likely to file a worker’s compensation claim, 10 times more likely to miss work than those who are clean and sober and 33% less productive.
A recent US Labor Department study reveals that US businesses lose $74 Billion to $200 Billion annually to problems related to employee substance abuse. It is estimated that these employees cost the employer $7,000-$10,000 every year.
- 31 Million American employees regularly use illegal drugs (1)
- 571 Million US work days are lost annually due to alcohol abuse (2)
- Over 16% of drivers test positive for illegal and prescription drugs (3)
Drug Testing Initiative Facts
The good news is that employers with drug testing programs have experienced a 51% reduction in workplace injury rates within two years of implementing a drug testing program. Other interesting industry facts:
- May reduce worker’s comp insurance by as much as 15%
- May reduce liability insurance by as much as 15%
- Can decrease absenteeism as much as 91%
- May decrease problems with supervisors by as much as 88%
- Can decrease mistakes at work by as much as 93 %
Random Drug Testing Effects
Random testing programs have been implemented and mandated by the military, the U.S. Department of Transportation, the Department of Defense, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, the Department of Homeland Security and others. The success of those government and social services testing programs have been noted and are in demand in the private and industrial sector.
In fact, USAMDT franchise clients do include government agencies, but also private businesses, public companies, and institutions, schools, clinics, hospitals, and individuals. We serve regulated businesses such as trucking companies, airlines, transit operators, railroads, pipeline operators and nuclear plants. We also work regularly within union and non-union environments.
Drug Testing Programs May Also
- Increase productivity
- Reduces tardiness
- Improve employee and workplace safety
- Help to hire better employees
- Reduce employee turnover
- Improve employee morale
- Be an effective tool in employee counseling
Drug and alcohol testing is a MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR INDUSTRY and USAMDT is uniquely positioned with strong national brand presence and innovative solutions. You too can be a part of our Services Team.
Territories are most likely available in your market… CONTACT US TODAY!
(1) American Council for Drug Education. (2) Center for Decease Control and Prevention (3) National Highway Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) National Roadside Survey.
Legal Disclaimer: This web site and the information contained herein does not constitute the offer or sale of a franchise. The offer and sale of a franchise can only be made through the delivery and receipt of our Federal Disclosure Document (FDD). There are certain states that require the registration of a FDD before the franchisor can advertise or offer the franchise in that state. We may not be registered in all those registration states and may not offer franchises to residents of those states or to persons wishing to locate a franchise in those states.